Owhango Coordinates: 39°00.0′S 175°22.6′E / 39°S 175.3767°E / -39; 175.3767
Owhango is renowned for the location 39° South. Owhango is located adjacent to the Tongariro National Park, a 79598-hectare park located in the central North Island. Owhango is 20km south of Taumarunui and 20km north of National Park.
- The popular skifield of Whakapapa is only 25 mins away.
- The main trunk railway runs through the townships of National Park and Ohakune.
- A number of daily flights operate into and out of Taupo Airport.
- Sightseeing and regular flights operate from Turangi and Mt. Ruapehu airstrips.
- Regular bus services also run to Ohakune, National Park and Turangi.
- A variety of shuttle services run to Whakapapa from the nearby towns.